When you look for a web designer, web developer or webmaster, what do you look for? And is there a difference regarding the terminology? There actually is a difference between them all.
- Web Designers – Design your site to look fantastic and absolutely beautiful bringing your business to life online.
- Web Developer – Is the tech behind the site. They manage the code on the backend and manage to bring panache to your site with cool effects.
- Webmaster – This is someone who handles all the maintenance pieces of your site. They ensure your plugin’s, themes, backups, security, and hosting is all meshing well and updated on a regular basis.
So, when it comes to finding someone to help you build your site, who do you use? Now keep in mind that many times, such as our services, usually fall under all of the above. This doesn’t mean that we are all really good at all three. Some of us are better at the design aspect while others may be better at the technical end. Either way, how do you choose the right one?
Here are couple of things to keep in mind:
- How do they communicate your expectations and theirs? Are they upfront about what they can and cannot do?
- Do they keep your branding in mind? Are they using your colors and matching them to your logo?
- Do they help you understand all the nuances that go along with building a site? Or do are they speaking Greek?
- How helpful are they through the whole process?
When it comes to your website, it can be hard to tell if you’ve found the right fit for you. But the best advice I can put forth is, to ensure they are capturing you, your business, and the essence of what you want to convey.
We’ll go into further details for finding the perfect fit in future blog posts. In the meantime, here’s to growing your business online.
Photo credit: Campaign Creators
Katrina Garcia started her entrepreneurial journey during one of the worst recessions our country has seen. Even through it all she has managed to build a successful business. Her ultimate goal through it all was to provide quality service to her client’s with integrity along the way, no hard sales simply results. From marketer of all to now a finally tuned business building websites and membership sites helping her client’s make money while they sleep.
She has worked tirelessly to build KG Website Designs to provide top notch service with an emphasis on customer service. Each client is treated to the highest standards possible ensuring true results.
On her off time, she works to keep up with all the latest technology in order to pass this on to her clients.
Her secret legacy project is to educate as many as possible on how to protect themselves from the online dangers, both seen and unseen threats.