When it comes to social media, it can be either a really great way to get you noticed or an epic fail. Either way, it is the wave of the future for business. However, there are a couple of things you want to keep in mind when you do start to utilize the array of social media channels. Here are the 6 key steps to really use it to your advantage.
- Always point them to your website. Anytime you push social media posts out there you should always be pointing them back to your website. This is where you will be able to grow your list and capture their attention with your services/products.
- Always hashtag (#) your company name, event, and your name to be found. For those who don’t know what a hashtag is, it simply helps you be found. As you use keywords you have a much better chance of being found.
- Don’t over sell or do hard sales. Granted everybody is in business to make money, but this doesn’t mean shoving your wares down their throat. People don’t like to be sold. Do you note your event, service, and/or product on social media? Absolutely, but make it a soft sale helping them say yes instead of a resounding NO.
- Give them something juicy they can use right now. Remember, most follow people because what they can give. By giving your audience key info to help them solve an issue today, you become the expert in your field. Let’s face it, everybody loves great info that they can use.
- Remember the first word in Social Media is SOCIAL. This is why people peruse social media. To keep in touch with their loved ones, get information that they can use, find out where to find the best web designer for the job, get some advice on how to use social media….you get the picture.
- Your website is your gold mine where you build your list and get leads. As I stated in number one, this is the whole reason you use social media to point them to your website, your upcoming event, your new book, your membership site, your program, your blog, whatever you want to get out there for the masses to see. Once you get them to your site, you have a captured audience because now you’ve piqued their interest. They want to know more about you and how you can help them with their pain or issue.
Social media is a great way to really build your business if it’s done the right way. I truly believe that most don’t get the results they want because they aren’t utilizing it properly. Most simply want to sell, sell, sell. People want more of what you have, but don’t even know that you exist. Show them what they can expect from you by giving them content they can use, not a sale. Yes, you can throw in a sale or two, but start by giving them a reason to buy. Give them the opportunity to get to know you, like you, and trust you before you sell. Remember, most buy from people they know, like, and trust.
Here’s to your business success.
Katrina Garcia started her entrepreneurial journey during one of the worst recessions our country has seen. Even through it all she has managed to build a successful business. Her ultimate goal through it all was to provide quality service to her client’s with integrity along the way, no hard sales simply results. From marketer of all to now a finally tuned business building websites and membership sites helping her client’s make money while they sleep.
She has worked tirelessly to build KG Website Designs to provide top notch service with an emphasis on customer service. Each client is treated to the highest standards possible ensuring true results.
On her off time, she works to keep up with all the latest technology in order to pass this on to her clients.
Her secret legacy project is to educate as many as possible on how to protect themselves from the online dangers, both seen and unseen threats.