I hear people say this all the time and must admit I go through this myself. As business owners, we work to gain clients and build our businesses but seem to be met with an onslaught of information.
- Training seminars
- Free online content through social media channels
- New business platforms to systemize your business
- A deluge of webinars/workshops
When you are running a business, want to stay ahead of your competition, keep current clients happy, bring in new clients, systemize your business, get the word out there, and make money how do you do it all when you are getting bombarded with the information overload? On one webinar you are told to do this on another you are told to do that, so which one is the right answer for you and your business?
We all want to improve upon our systems and get our business moving forward, but how do we do this when it feels like we have so little time and so much to do. Plus, with all the constant interruptions, how is one expected to get anything done?
I feel your pain. I’ve gone through the same time battle and overwhelm but I came up with some key things that helped me that I believe will help you. Keep in mind that these are simple but not always easy to put in place.
- When you start to feel that overwhelm take over, STOP, walk away for a few minutes, take some time to close your eyes and breathe, and let go of everything in your mind. By taking this simple time out, you help readjust your mind and quiet the overwhelm.
- Calendar out your work for business days. These are those days you plan on writing your posts and/or blog. Do your live Facebook tips, podcast, write your book, or work on your online course. By noting these on your calendar you are more likely to get them done.
- Work on getting at least 3 things completed each day. According to science, multi-tasking only allows you to get 15 – 25% accomplished. When you concentrate on one thing at a time you give it 100% of your attention so that you can then move on to the next thing.
- Keep the distractions at bay. This means timing your email and social media check-in throughout the day. By checking social media at designated times and putting an automatic email response that you only check emails at certain times of the day, you cut back on the distractions. This also means phone calls. Note a voice message that you check voice messages between particular times throughout the day.
By implementing these 4 simple things into your day you get more accomplished and have much less overwhelm. In fact, you may find that you get even more done.
Here’s to your business growth.
Katrina Garcia started her entrepreneurial journey during one of the worst recessions our country has seen. Even through it all she has managed to build a successful business. Her ultimate goal through it all was to provide quality service to her client’s with integrity along the way, no hard sales simply results. From marketer of all to now a finally tuned business building websites and membership sites helping her client’s make money while they sleep.
She has worked tirelessly to build KG Website Designs to provide top notch service with an emphasis on customer service. Each client is treated to the highest standards possible ensuring true results.
On her off time, she works to keep up with all the latest technology in order to pass this on to her clients.
Her secret legacy project is to educate as many as possible on how to protect themselves from the online dangers, both seen and unseen threats.