We get it. You want a look around before you decide to go with us for your web and membership site design. So we’ve pulled together some questions asked by many of our client’s to help you decide if we are good fit or not.
How to find the right webmaster for your project.
- Their listening skills. Are they hearing what you want. The colors, images, and content you want to convey to your audience.
- They put things across in terms you can understand, not shop talk or acronyms only known in the webmaster underworld. (Not really, but it can seem that way.)
- They give you access to your site and help you understand it all.
- They don’t hold your info hostage: Domain name and hosting account. Which many of our client’s have shared.
We are simply here to help you get the web and membership site you want.
What do I need to get started?
- Why you started your company in the first place.
- Your contact info. Name/phone/address/email. The more info you give the easier it is for your client’s to get a hold of you.
- A brief bio about you and a professional picture of yourself.
- Products and/or services you provide.
This is a good starting point.
What type of technical stuff should I be providing?
What do you mean when you say hosting piece?
- Blue Host
- Host Gator
- Site Ground
- WP Engine
There are more out there, but these are just a few of the most popular.
What's a domain name?
http(s) – is like the engine of a car. If you don’t have this piece, you’re car won’t start. Same thing for your website. It’s the engine that allows your site to run on the World Wide Web.
WWW – As with a car, you can’t move the car without wheels. That’s what the World Wide Web does. It moves your site out to the masses to see.
URL – This is like the address of your home, it’s the address of your site so that your target audience can find your website.
When you put all these together you get: HTTP://www.YourCompanySiteName.com.
The com, org, net…..are the zip codes of your site. But we recommend you try your best to stick with a .com option making your site that much easier to find for your target audience, customers, clients, patients…..etc.